Thursday, March 17, 2016

Creative Liberties: Colorized Lucille Ball 1946



Here's the gorgeous Lucille Ball that everyone knows from the I Love Lucy TV show of the 50s and early 60s. A near Rita Hayworth look-alike in her 30s (born 1911) she was a ravishing beauty but somehow didn't project the same screen presence or acting panache as Rita and became known as the Queen of B-movies. Her talent lay in comedy having starred with the Three Stooges and the Marx Bros at the start of her screen career. She ended up in Television as a comedian with Cuban husband Desi Arnez in the highly successful I Love Lucy sitcom. In this portrait, Lucy was already 35, quite old by Hollywood standards in 1946. Her TV career would soon start 2 years later.
Creative Liberties
This 1946 vintage photo was easy to colorize except that I invested a little more time to indulge in some little creative liberties. Sometimes an image element is not something I was to appear in the final outcome and simply Photoshop it out.  I don't know what that furniture behind Lucille was and just removed it as irrelevant to the outcome I wanted.


No comments:

Post a Comment