Thursday, March 17, 2016

Colorized 1919 Haynes touring car with Family Passengers

Original Vintage Photo
Here's  a  vintage photo of the 1919 Hayes Touring at a California park (maybe the Golden Gate Park).
Colorizing Options

There would be no end to it if I could have my way.  I might be colorizing the same photo or portrait a thousand times and each one would offer a great visual experience. But I just have to make a conscious choice and sadly reject other equally wonderful coloring options. Black is often the least preferred options for colorizing a major photo element which in case is the car.  But for some reason, I chose black for the car body which allowed the little girl occupant in baby blue dress to stand out. Well, she would also stand out in pink.

Unfortunately, the outcome wasn't really as strikingly colorful as I wanted and a bit cold.  So rather than changing the color of the car, I made another version using autumn colors.  This was just one of the few instance when I made two colorized versions of the same photo. I have made a few others but the other options remained unfinalized. Take note, spring and autumn colors register about the same greys when desaturated for a black and white photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment