Sunday, November 12, 2017

Creating an Alternate World with colorization and compositing

I have been doing that for several colorized subjects, but still sticking to the general content outline.  Here's a commonly colorized subject of a boy in the slums of Baltimore tak.en by John Vachon in July 1938.  With my visual discomfort for useless vacant space (not all are useless though, there is such a thing as breathing space) I added a 19th century graffiti and a pet dog to create a slightly new visual content to the photo.  I like the experimented result.  Actually I had used compositing before to bring more details in my colorized, but they are mostly limited to what is hinted at in the picture and often lost due to fading,.  I also used this here  for adding a car in the rightmost background and changing the lady walking on the street to the left.   Also here: where I injected cat staring out from the window background.

No comments:

Post a Comment