Sunday, June 25, 2017

Colorized Joan Crawford from the 1946 Humoresque

Here's my colorized Joan Crawford from her 1946  film Humoresque with John Garfield.  Already 40 years old considered old age by Hollywood standards (actually starts at 35),  she was considered Box Office Poison since 1938 (in good company along with Greta Garbo and  Fred Astaire). But Joan was a strong-willed actress resurrecting her career to win her first Oscar in the 1945 Mildred Pierce,   Humoresque was her 2nd film after that.

I don't really like colorizing backdrops and props since they tend to steal the attention from the focus of the image.  But in some cases, I find myself enjoying colorizing the props.  Here, I must have spent about the same time colorizing the sofa chair as I did Joan. With regards the backdrop, I tend to recede them as far back as possible using the oldest technique of monochrome blurring to create some depth of field effect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment